- Margins (top, bottom, left, right) should be at least one (1) inch.
- Each creditor must be separated by at least one blank line.
- Do not include page numbers, headers, footers, etc.
- All entries should conform to the style conventions stated below.
- The name and address of each creditor must be five (5) lines or less.
- The “name” line may contain no more than 50 characters including blanks.
- Each address line may contain no more than 40 characters including blanks.
- Names and addresses should be left justified (flush against the left margin, no leading spaces.)
- Account numbers or “attention” lines should be placed on the second line of the name/address.
- City, state, and zip code must be on the last line.
- There must be a comma placed immediately after the city name. ( ex. Midland, TX)
- All states must be the two-letter U.S. Postal Code abbreviations.
- Nine-digit zip codes must be typed with a hyphen separating the two groups of digits.
Style Conventions for Names and Addresses on List of Creditors
Use upper and lower case characters for all names and capitalize the first letter in a proper noun.
Wallace D. Smith
United Services Fidelity and Guaranty
Use punctuation and single spacing between all names and following initials and periods.
J. J. Jones
C. W. Bradford, Ltd.
When typing names that have upper and lower case letters or hyphens, do not insert spaces.
Abbreviate post office addresses without a space between the P and O.
P.O. Box 1359
P.O. Drawer 34321
Use digits for numbers in addresses.
3224 East 26th Street
425 6th Street
1 Valley Plaza
When needed, use the second and/or third line of the address for building name, suite number, floor, firm name, or attention.
Arthur Andersen and Associates
Attention: Terri Brooks
John Hancock Building, Suite 2600
8723 Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604
If the address contains an apartment number or suite number, you may use the # sign in place of the word number or suite.
322 West Shady Lane, #334
Austin, TX 78701
Use c/o to indicate “In Care Of”.
Manuel Ortega, Jr.
c/o Manuel Ortega, Sr.
6612 East 6th Street
El Paso, TX 79901
In general it is best to type out the entire name of the street designator. When necessary to abbreviate, use the following:
Avenue - Ave.
Boulevard - Blvd.
Highway - Hwy.
Interstate Highway - I.H.
Lane - Ln.
Road - Rd.
Street - St.
Foreign addresses must have the full name of the post office and country of destination printed in capital letters.The country name or APO destination must be the only information on the bottom line of the address.
Rio de Danubec y Rio Florido
CD. JUAREZ, CHIHUAHUA MEXICO #1050
Sgt. John Smith
C Company 237 Armor
Unit #21103, Box 512
APO, AE 09014