The Judicial Conference has approved revisions to the Bankruptcy Court Miscellaneous Fee Schedule
which take effect December 1, 2014.
NEW Motion to Restrict Access or Redact a Record
For filing a motion to redact a record $25 per affected case.
Note: A reopen fee will not be charged to redact a record in a closed case for which redaction is the sole reason for reopening.
Acceptance of direct appeal or cross appeal by Court of Appeals fee increases from $157 to $207.
The Supreme Court approved amendments to the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure (Rules) which take effect December 1, 2014.
Amendments to the Rules address the following:
- Petitions involving the same debtors filed in different courts;
- Time limits for serving a summons and complaint;
- General pleadings and judgments and costs;
- Bankruptcy appeals; and
- New trials and relief from a judgment or order.
The amended Rules are available at:
The Judicial Conference approved these Official Bankruptcy Form changes effective December 1, 2014:
- Forms 3A Application for Individuals to Pay the Filing Fee in Installments and 3B Application to Have the Chapter 7 Filing Fee Waived are revised to remove references to fee amounts.
- Form 6 Summary is revised to update references to the revised means test forms.
- NEW Forms 17A Notice of Appeal and Statement of Election,17B Optional Appellee Statement of Election to Proceed in District Court, and 17C Certificate of Compliance with Rule 8015(a)(7)(B) or 8016(d)(2). These forms replace Form 17.
- Official Forms 22A-1 Chapter 7 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income, 22A-1 Supp Statement of Exemption from Presumption of Abuse Under §707(b)(2), 22A-2 Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation, 22B Chapter 11 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income, 22C-1 Chapter 13 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income and Calculation of Commitment Period, and 22C-2 Chapter 13 Calculation of Your Disposable Income. These forms are revised to accommodate changes in the law and as part of the ongoing Forms Modernization Project.
Prior to December 1, 2014, these forms may be viewed at: