Clear cache for IE Version 8 on Windows PC
- Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu. Or, optionally you may simply press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open the Delete Browsing History window (and skip step 2)
- Click on Delete Browsing History...
- Select Temporary Internet Files.
- Click the Delete button near the bottom of the window to delete your temporary files (i.e. clear your cache).
- If you want the browser to automatically clear the cache whenever you close it, close the 'Delete Browsing History' window, select 'Internet Options' from the Tools menu, and check the 'Delete Browsing history on exit' checkbox.
Note: IE8 has a "feature" which retains some cookies even after you clear your cache if you do not UNCHECK the "Preserve Favorites Website Data." If you truly need to clear your cache, you will want to uncheck this!