e-Exhibits Procedures and FAQ
Prior to Court
1. Contact Courtroom Deputy one week (minimum) prior to trial.
2. Take brief online tutorial.
3. Inform opposing counsel.
4. Request pretrial meeting if necessary, for questions or issues.
Day of Hearing
1. Arrive with laptop, 15 minutes before court hearing.
2. Logon to GoToMeeting and enter meeting ID.
3. Provide Courtroom Deputy with your attendee name.
4. Bring two CD or DVD copies in PDF format.
5. Organize evidence on your laptop for presentation.
How much notice should I give the court that I want to use electronic exhibits?
Contact the Courtroom Deputy a minimum of 1 week prior to trial. Courtroom Deputy will schedule a GoToMeeting® and forward meeting information to all interested parties or meeting will be setup just prior to the hearing.
How many individuals may attend a GoToMeeting®?
The court can have 10 attendees.
Is there a charge for using GoToMeeting®?
No. To join a meeting is free.
Could I receive training before the hearing?
Yes. Court IT staff is available for any questions. A pretrial hearing my also be requested through the Courtroom Deputy.
Will it work on a Mac?
Yes. GoToMeeting® is compatible with both Windows and Mac, however, not all features work under Mac OS.
Do I need to still provide paper hard copies of exhibits to the court?
No. The court will need two copies (CD or DVD) in PDF format.