How to Become an ECF Filer
- Ensure you have the necessary computer components.
- Read and comply with the Local Rules, and Administrative Procedures for Filing, Signing and Verifying Pleadings and Papers by Electronic Means. Creditor filers must also review and agree to adhere to the Creditor User Agreement.
- Determine the level of electronic filing access you need to meet your e-filing needs.
- ATTORNEYS NOT ALREADY E-FILING IN OTHER BANKRUPTCY COURTS MUST TAKE AN ONLINE CLASS.
- ATTORNEYS ALREADY E-FILING IN OTHER BANKRUPTCY COURTS, MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXERCISE.
- Click on the Electronic Registration link below:
You will be contacted regarding training and connectivity confirmation requirements.
The more memory you have, the faster your documents can be processed.
The faster the connection speed between your computer and your ISP, the less time you will need to wait for your filings to upload.
CM/ECF has been tested and works correctly with Firefox 2.0, Internet Explorer 6.0 and 7.0.
All documents (except creditor matrices) must be in PDF format before they can be filed in CM/ECF!
- PC running Microsoft Windows or Macintosh.
- An Internet service provider (ISP).
- Internet browser software.
- Software or scanner to convert documents to Portable Document Format (PDF).
There are three levels of access available to CM/ECF users:
Full Access Attorney users can electronically file new bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings, contested matters, responses, objections, plans, proofs of claims, reaffirmations, etc. Basically, anything an attorney can file in paper form.
Limited Access Attorney users can electronically file Notices of Appearance, Proofs of Claims and Reaffirmation Agreements. Filing of a Notice of Appearance will activate email noticing.
Creditor users can electronically file a limited number of documents, primarily claims, transfers of claims, reaffirmation agreements, and notice requests. Basically, anything a creditor can file in paper form.
- Full Access Attorney Filer:
- Limited Access Attorney Filer:
- Creditor Filer:
Only one login and password will be issued to each registrant.