How to Become an ECF Filer
- Ensure you have the necessary software requirements.
- Read and comply with the Local Rules, and Administrative Procedures for Filing, Signing and Verifying Pleadings and Papers by Electronic Means. Creditor filers must also review and agree to adhere to the Creditor User Agreement.
- Determine the level of electronic filing access you need to meet your e-filing needs.
- ATTORNEYS NOT ALREADY E-FILING IN OTHER BANKRUPTCY COURTS MUST TAKE AN ONLINE CLASS.
- ATTORNEYS ALREADY E-FILING IN OTHER BANKRUPTCY COURTS, MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXERCISE.
- Click on the Electronic Registration link below:
You will be contacted regarding training and connectivity confirmation requirements.
NOTE: Registration for electronic filing with the Western District of Texas District Court does not automatically grant authorization to electronically file with the Western District of Texas Bankruptcy Court. The CM/ECF systems are separate for each court. Please allow time for training and the certification process well in advance of your client's required filing deadlines.
Only Firefox and Internet Explorer have been certified to be used with CM/ECF. Google Chrome and Safari have not been certified for use.
All documents (except creditor matrices) must be in PDF format before they can be filed in CM/ECF!
There are three levels of access available to CM/ECF users:
- Full Access Attorney users can electronically file new bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings, contested matters, responses, objections, plans, proofs of claims, reaffirmations, etc. Basically, anything an attorney can file in paper form.
- Limited Access Attorney users can electronically file Notices of Appearance, Proofs of Claims and Reaffirmation Agreements. Filing of a Notice of Appearance will activate email noticing.
- Creditor users can electronically file a limited number of documents, primarily claims, transfers of claims, reaffirmation agreements, and notice requests. Basically, anything a creditor can file in paper form.
Only one login and password will be issued to each registrant.